The fashion industry is made up of more than just designers and magazine editors. Someone is needed to put those fashion pieces into shops and make them look gorgeous. That is a job for the fashion marketer and that’s basically what fashion marketing is about. So if you love fashion but do not have skills in designing or writing, you can consider becoming a fashion marketer.
What do they do?
These marketers build publicity for fashion apparels. They decide whether a range of clothes should be quirky or classic. And they also liaise with media people to make sure their brand receives enough coverage. The best thing about the job that most fashion marketers agree on is that they have to go shopping in the name of trend forecasting cdac full form and searching for suppliers.
In a nutshell, they make clothes appear desirable to the public. They are involved with the retail shop’s image too – like determining which clothes go into the shop, how the shop is decorated and the way clothes are presented.
So How Much Do They Earn?
Professional marketers can earn around USD$10,000 a month in countries like the USA. Entry level pay is much lower. A good way to find out how much a fashion marketer earns in your area is to do a job search online for a good gauge. Fashion marketers with knowledge to start their own businesses can earn a comfortable income too.
I Want to Be Involved in Fashion Marketing! How do I Start?
If you are fresh out of high school, this is a quick summary of what you need to do:
1) Start by searching up reputable fashion companies.
2) Send out your résumé and cover letter for assistant positions.
3) Work your way up the corporate ladder or go to school.
Why Should I Go to School?
Going to school increases your employability. It also makes you eligible for higher paying jobs. Most companies favor candidates with a bachelor’s or master’s degree specializing in fashion management. are available around the world. Choosing to study in Asia Pacific has a few notable advantages:
– Affordable education and standard of living. By choosing a reputable fashion school, you will learn what you need. After graduation, you could return to your home country to work as a professional or start your business.
– Many countries in Asia Pacific have cheap production costs. Finding suppliers for your future career will be easy.
– Learn from the best in fashion cities like Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore and Bangkok.